Brainstorming for Your CV
- Know what information a CV generally contains.
- Consider the job you are applying for.
- Check the company’s website for extra information about the CV.
- Make a list of jobs you have held.
- Brainstorm your hobbies and interests.
- Make a list of your relevant skills.
Writing Your CV
- Create the format for your CV.
- List your name, address, telephone number, and email at the top of the page.
- Write a personal profile.
- Create a section for your education and qualifications.
- Create a section for your work experience.
- Create a section for your skills and achievements.
- Create a section for your interests.
- Create a section for other information.
- Create a section for references.
Finalizing Your CV
- Check your spelling and grammar.
- Proofread for any sentences that could be written more concisely.
- Read your CV as if you were the company you are applying to.
- Get someone else to read your CV.
- Check the company’s application page.
Oxford University CV Template
Submit your CV for Jobs