World AIDS Day is an International Day dedicated to raising awareness of the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) pandemic caused by the spread of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection and mourning those who have died of the disease. This day is designated on 1 December since 1988 for last 31 years.
This year the theme of World Health Day is “Communities make the difference”
As this day is dedicated to raising awareness about acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS), let us aware you with some major prevention about AIDS-
- Use a new condom every time you have sex.
- Consider preexposure prophylaxis (PrEP).
- Tell your sexual partners if you have HIV.
- Use a clean needle.
- If you’re pregnant, get medical care right away.
- Consider male circumcision.
All should know about AIDS and be aware to have a healthy and sound life. Let’s aware our close one and let everyone know about the prevention of AIDS on this day.